BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday, April 25, 2010

Bake #13: Jenny Bakes Triple Citrus Cupcakes

A wonderful trinity: lemon, lime and orange. There wasn't any particular fruit that overpowered the rest, but the blend of these three together packs so much more punch than just using a single flavor! Now can someone explain the Science behind? Never mind.......

I only made a third of the portion since there weren't any parties, meet-ups nor much happening this weekend. It yielded a dozen cupcakes, almost half of which D and I devoured within the first hour, sans any glaze! Well, eating those without the glaze should be healthier, I pressume and I second Tina's theory on Vitamin C dosage! Guilt-less cupcake (almost!). Just like Tina, I also added some lemon-orange juice into the batter. The cake has tight crumbs, akin to a loaf or pound cake as opposed to, say, sponge cake. I'd have preferred it to have a lighter texture though, but the fresh citrusy flavors made up for the slightly-heavy texture. Welcome Spring!

3 comments:

Tina said...

your cupcakes look very aromatic!! it's like i can smell the citrus from here!! don't you just love the citrus sisters?? ;-)

you're right about the texture of the cake.. i just couldn't find the correct words to describe them!! hehe

jenny_bakes said...

I love citrus so much so that I throw them into my garbage disposer to get rid of the stench! :-)
I like the flavors of the cupcakes, just wished the cake had lighter, "airier" textures. Then again, that's my preference. Can't wait to do Dorie's recipes. Let's start soon, ok?

Tina said...

yes... the texture was 'tight'... but the flavors made up for it. can't wait to do Dorie with you!!