BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday, April 11, 2010

Bake #11: Jenny (did not) bake Mint-filled Brownies Cupcakes

Ooey gooey, chewy and crispy all at the same time with such decadent chocolatey goodness. Brownies. Everyone's favorite! I thought I'd change things up a bit and instead of chocolate mint patties, I used my favorite Hershey kisses - Hawaiian Macadamia nut Hershey Kisses for the filling. Double the yumminess! 
This is a very basic, simple brownie recipe - I scaled it down to make only a third of the recipe portion, eye-balling some ingredients and even though the measurements weren't exactly precise, the recipe was very forgiving. It's a quick one-bowl recipe - aside from melting the chocolate and butter separately, you can literally throw all the ingredients in the same bowl, mix (do not overmix though) and bake! There wasn't even any need to use my good 'ol Kitchen Aid mixer. I'd definitely recommend this as a quick go-to brownie recipe (although my personal favorite is still Betty Crocker's) and there're endless variations to the fillies - mint patties, Hershey kisses, caramel or butter toffees, peanut butter Reeses or if you dare, try some jelly beans or licorice candies! I know, you're all going "icks" now but hey, if there're foie gras desserts, bacon cupcakes and other eclectic pairings, who knows, it might just work!


2 comments:

Tina said...

i love the color of your brownies... mine was very dark. hershey's macadamia nut..mmmmm yumms!! you baked a third of the recipe? how many did you get - 4?? in my case i even thought of baking double the recipe as they were cleared off so fast :)

jenny_bakes said...

I got exactly 4 brownies. Record breaker - I've never baked less than half a dozen cupcakes! This is a much better alternative for D and I; we have had sugar overload this weekend. I baked 2 other rather substantial cakes - chocolate as well! ;-)