BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Bake#4: Jenny bakes Meyer Lemon Cupcakes

I disclosed earlier the reason why I had picked this for bake number four but truthfully, there's a different reason behind this. A rather selfish one, really. *Grin* No, it's not because I have loads of these wonderful harvest from our tree (aren't they gorgeous though?)

but rather, the thing that drove me to select this week's recipe was simply THIS:


I got these adorably cute glossy paper liners for more than couple years now and just hadn't been inspired to use it on any of my bakes! I've been diligently spring-cleaning last week when I saw these cutesies, pressed against the wall and stuck way toward the back of the shelf, just screaming out "use me, use me, use ME!!!" I swear I could hear that (or was it all in my head?!) Sometimes I'm not certain if I'm hearing my own thoughts or something else.....but that's a different story for another time. Unlike other liners, these are somewhat shorter and wider - they're more suitable for tartlettes, but thanks to my silicon muffin liners, the cupcakes fit (almost) these liners perfectly!

I simply love the lemony pucker of this entire combo. The cupcakes were moist; I used mascarpone cheese instead of cream cheese as I wanted it to be a little richer and less tangy. It wasn't my first time making lemon curd, I've tried various other recipes and this one's quite good, really. I love it so much that I came up with three full jars of lemon curd from the harvest. I think I'm going to set up shop right on our front yard to sell lemonade and lemon curd this weekend! :-) And I could also be selling these cupcakes - the recipe yields enough to feed an army! - but I ended up with less than 5 cupcakes left on my kitchen counter now since I had halved the recipe (hubby took the rest to work), so nothing left to sell!

Lemons. So bright, so yellow, so fragrant.......now, why would a beauty like this have such negative connotation? If life hands us lemons, I'd say rejoice! And make lots and lots of lemon cupcakes!
Am I the only one who's loving this recipe?!? And oh, I added a little something-something on top of my cupcakes. See if you can spot it?!

4 comments:

Tina said...

jenny!! you are torturing me!! what am i doing here stuck in an office when i could be home in my kitchen baking?? arrggghhhhhhhh!!

(pause to compose self)

ok.. i'm back :)

these are soooo lovely dear!! simply lovely!! well done!! love everything about this post...

Jencrafted said...

Stay home like me then! ;-)
I am totally exhausted though. I was also baking the remaining CNY cookies - I don't have kuih samprit mould! Arrrgggh!. We still have the big photoshoot Sat so running out of time! *Sigh* C'est la vie!
Can't wait to see yours.
Hello??? Are we two the only ones here?

Tina said...

hahaha... well, it doesn't matter if it's just the two of us here!! it's our blog maaaaah!! :) ok what 'syiok sendiri':D

errrr.. too late now to send you kuih samprit mould??

jenny_bakes said...

We've found an alternative to FB and emails and skype! :-)
Do you think we can use the Wilton press for samprit? Is the opening on the samprit mould larger? Can't recall.....I had to shape mine using the tiny melon baller thingy. :-(