BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Bake #4: Meyer Lemon Cupcakes


Photo courtesy of ivillage.com

If you live in the Wintery part of the world right now, you're most probably like me and can't wait to just get over this cold, dreary and sometimes crazily treacherous weather conditions. We Californians are more fortunate this year and I'm counting our blessings for the rather mild winter we've had so far. Nonetheless, I'm so ready for Spring!! It's my favorite season of all. So for this week's FWB, I picked Martha's Meyer Lemon Cupcakes (pages 121 and 317), something bright and cheery. The lemony goodness is sure to perk things up!

Here's the recipe for the cupcakes The cupcakes are filled with Lemon Curd and if you enjoyed last week's pastry cream, I bet you'll love the highly-versatile lemon curd as well! You can even bottle it up and it makes for a great hostess gift or you can use it as filling for your cakes and tartlettes! Note that you'll need to make and chill the Lemon Curd at least couple hours ahead of time.

Here's the recipe for Martha's Lemon Curd (page 317)

1 comments:

Tina said...

can't wait, can't wait!! :)