BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, May 17, 2010

Bake #15: Tina bakes Peanut Butter and Strawberry Jelly Cupcakes


These were SO, SO GOOD!! Maybe I was just hungry, but I couldn't resist myself from popping these babies into my mouth one after the other!!

I started baking these right after breakfast time (I did not have any) and was alone in the kitchen after the girls and their friends (my daughter had a sleepover) went off to the pool. I just had to have one right after the first batch came out of the oven (this is my ritual).. and three more followed after I frosted them (not a ritual and I sure hope this is not a precedent!). I had one after the other!! If there was a hidden camera in the kitchen, it'll be funny to see how I sneaked one cupcake after another into my mouth, in a dark corner of my kitchen, not unlike a little child sneaking into the kitchen for some cookies right before dinner time!! Thank God nobody caught me!! Ha ha!!

The girls and their friends absolutely love these cupcakes and I made enough  to send some home with the latter.This recipe yielded 33 small cupcakes for me. CUPCAKES noted it would yield about 22.



I must say that I've never been crazy over peanut butter, but these were very good. The peanut butter made the batter thick and creamy. I even added a teaspoon of baking powder to the recipe on top of the required amount for fear that it may not rise at all. Yes, the batter was THAT thick. I also omitted the chopped peanuts in the batter as I knew my children would not like them.

The cupcake below looks dry, doesn't it? But it was not at all... the photo did not do justice to it. The frosting was good but the Creamy Peanut Butter frosting did not taste much different from plain peanut butter, so next time I'd skip beating the peanut butter with confectioners sugar and having to beat cream in another bowl and then mix them up together. Maybe I overdid beating my peanut butter which made it become oily (which then reminded me how much FAT there were in these). I think I also beat my cream too long that they became curdy. You can see from the photos that my frosting were not smooth at all.



Oh! I also halved the frosting recipe and had just the right amount to frost all my cupcakes. I think this is among the best cupcakes I've baked from CUPCAKES. Try it and see for yourself!!

3 comments:

jenny_bakes said...

I haven't baked mine yet! But I'm so glad I got to read your experience on this one; I was also thinking the same about the frosting....PB + creamcheese and whipped cream?! Very much an artery-clogging frosting! Wonder if it's ok to skip the creamcheese?
Your cake looks moist. And the photos are lovely; I especially like the one showing the PBJ cupcakes in the kids' hands. PBJCs to seal the pact of friendship?!! :-)
I'm looking fwd to this bake.....but I'm so behind though....

Tina said...

take your time, Jen!!

naahh.. don't bother with the added creamcheese and icing sugar in the frosting... your almond butter would already be fabulous. can't wait to read what you think of the cupcakes!!

Anonymous said...

You gals always make me hungry. But I am afraid I would have to give this recipe a pass though. My son is allergic to peanuts. And dia memang teringin sgt. He tried once and instantaneously rashes appeared all over and have difficulty in breathing. That serious. But I so LOVE peanut butter. I have one jar hidden in the pantry for me to enjoy with a spoon.

Jenny where do you live, maybe I can score some of yours heeeeeeeeeeeee.